The purpose of BankM AG according to its articles of association is:
1. the provision of the following banking and financial services:
- the acquisition and sale of financial instruments in its own name for the account of third parties (financial commission business) pursuant to Article 1 section 1 no. 4 KWG;
- the purchase of financial instruments for own risk for placement or the assumption of equivalent guarantees (issuing business), pursuant to Article 1 section 1 no. 10 KWG);
- the brokerage of transactions relating to the acquisition and sale of financial instruments (investment brokerage) pursuant to Article 1 section 1a no. 1 KWG;
- the placement of financial instruments without a firm commitment to underwrite (placement business) pursuant to Article 1 section 1a no. 1 c KWG;
- the acquisition and sale of financial instruments in the name of third parties for the account of third parties (acquisition brokerage) pursuant to Article 1 section 1a no. 2 KWG;
- Proprietary trading by continuously offering to buy and sell financial instruments at own prices for own account using own capital (Article 1 section 1a no. 4 a) and by purchasing or selling financial instruments for own account as a service for others (Article 1 section 1a no. 4 c);
- Proprietary business pursuant to section 32 (1a) sentence 1 KWG in the form of the purchase and sale of financial instruments for own account, which is not proprietary trading within the meaning of Article 1 section 1a) sentence 2 no. 4 KWG.
2. The purpose of BankM is also the provision of ancillary services pursuant to Article 2 section 9 WpHG (Wertpapierhandelsgesetz — German Security Trading Law):
- advising companies on their capital structure, industrial strategy and advising and offering services in connection with company mergers & acquisitions;
- the preparation or dissemination of recommendations or proposals of investment strategies within the meaning of Article 3 section 1 number 34 of Regulation EU No. 596/2014 (investment strategy recommendation) or of investment recommendations within the meaning of Article 3 section 1 No. 35 of this Regulation (investment recommendation);
- services related to the issuing business;
- as well as other activities in connection with the above services, insofar as these do not require permission under the Banking Act.
3. The purpose of the company shall also be the provision of management services, strategic corporate and capital market consulting as well as the management of its own assets.
4. The company is entitled to all measures and transactions that are suitable to promote the company’s purpose. This also includes the establishment of branch offices and other companies as well as the participation in such in Germany and abroad.
BankM AG underlies the statutory investor compensation scheme of the Entschädigungseinrichtung der Wertpapierhandelsunternehmen (EdW). Investors using investment services have been protected since 1997 by the directive on investor compensation (Directive 97/9/EC).